An Airline To Introduce Gender Segregation Seating

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jan 2, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    It is being reported that Skyteam alliance member Saudi Arabian Airlines is expected to introduce gender segregation for their seating. This is due to many complaints by Saudi travelers made about seating arrangements – specifically male travelers complaining about other men sitting next to their wives. The move is expected to take place at airports in the Gulf region and to only seat male and female passengers together if they are close relatives. It should be interesting to see how this will be handled by travelers that are non-Muslim. While a national airline can follow rules of their country, how an airline deals with public relations is also a big deal. When I flew Qatar Airways a couple of years ago, the flight attendant was shuffling people around the cabin (mostly women in the business class cabin) to ensure that none of the women were sitting next to me. In the end, I got the row to myself. I also remember flying into Iran and having flight attendants make their way... The post An Airline To Introduce Gender Segregation Seating appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...