Amtrak VIRGIN

Discussion in 'Amtrak | Guest Rewards' started by free67spirit, May 27, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. free67spirit

free67spirit Silver Member

Status Points:
    I thought that might get your attention. I am pretty good with other programs but the dumbness factor about amtrak is high. Please help a poor girl out. First question I want to transfer points from ultimate rewards. However,I can't find a calculator on amtrak to help me plan my trip. How many points will I need? I have seen the map but is that 5500 for one way or round trip or is it less. I want to travel from Seattle, Washington to Portland, Oregon in July(one way). Last question, it is a scenic route-should we leave at 5:30pm(3:10duration) or should we go in the early am. Better scenery early evening or am. I lied, third question, will we see the scenery? Thanks so much for the help!

uggboy likes this.
  2. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can find the redemption requirements on this page. Cascades®and Pacific Surfliner® are some of the "special routes", so your ride will cost you only 2000 points in business class -- a truly awesome deal. The scenery will stay in place the whole day, but some parts of the day are more popular with business travelers (they do talk, and their devices make noise). I found it curious that Amtrak does not own the track on the Pacific route, so freight trains have priority. There may be occasional brief delays due to that fact.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
    uggboy and free67spirit like this.
  3. free67spirit

free67spirit Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you! I transferred and booked.

uggboy and MX like this.