Amtrak ending partnership with Continental

Discussion in 'Amtrak | Guest Rewards' started by jwsky, Nov 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jwsky
    Original Member

jwsky Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ha! I spelled Amtrak wrong and can not change it!

Here is a copy of their email to me.

While the Continental® OnePass® program will formally end in December, we're happy to inform you that a new Amtrak Guest Rewards® partnership with the United MileagePlus® program is in the works.

In the meantime, here's what the changes mean for you as an Amtrak Guest Rewards member:
    • December 31, 2011 is the last day that Amtrak Guest Rewards members will be able to
    convert Continental OnePass miles to Amtrak Guest Rewards points
    • Members may convert OnePass miles to Amtrak Guest Rewards points in increments
    of 5,000 miles for 5,000 points
    • To convert your miles, contact the OnePass service center. Learn More

Eligible members* may convert Amtrak Guest Rewards points to OnePass miles at AmtrakGuestRewards.com through December 31, 2011. Transfer of points and miles will not be a benefit of the new partnership with United MileagePlus.

As always, thank you for your continued loyalty.

Sincerely,

[​IMG]

Michael Blakey
    Senior Director, Loyalty Marketing & CRM

It is nice that they are giving us notice for a change.

2. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    This actually is not surprising, considering that there is a major IT transition coming in January/February, and UA probably wanted to get through that before working on an enhanced partnership (I could actually see some expansion of benefits once everything is done)

jwsky likes this.