Amtrak, Continental breaking up

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Wandering Aramean, Nov 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, more like Amtrak is still trying to negotiate with United to keep the partnership alive but they are still unsuccessful as of now. Still, when OnePass dies on December 31 so will the relationship with Amtrak. Unfortunate to lose a partner; hopefully they can find an agreement that allows it to continue.

The other questions this raises are the lounge reciprocity and the impact on other OnePass partners, namely Eva and Virgin Atlantic. Should be interesting to see it all play out in the coming weeks.

More here and here.

jupper, JohnDeere19 and Flyer1976 like this.
  2. Navysuby3

Navysuby3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    That is a shame to hear, i was really looking forward to using ACELA and rack up some points. Hopefully UNITED and AMTRAK can make it work.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  3. rggale
    Original Member

rggale Gold Member

Status Points:
    RIP ZFV...guess I'll be getting in what looks to be my last bit of savings this Sunday when I fly ZFV-EWR-YQB

JetsettingEric likes this.
  4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is the death of the FF relationship but not necessarily the interline or the fare bits. That part is less clear right now.

5. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wonder if we would still be able to book trips to/from ZFV up until 12/31? Might need to plan ahead for next year.