Amsterdam Park Plaza 99 € Per Night

Discussion in 'Deal Page | Air/Hotel' started by servus, Feb 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. servus
    Original Member

servus Silver Member

Status Points:
    RATE MAY HAVE INCREASED - RATES NOW FROM: 119 €

Amsterdam - City of Diamonds

Book an overnight stay with breakfast in one of our Amsterdam city centre properties and we invite you to dive into the rich history of Amsterdam's diamond industry.

The special promotion includes:
    - One overnight stay at Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam or Park Plaza Vondelpark, Amsterdam
    - Free upgrade from a superior to an executive room
    - Buffet breakfast
    - Transfer to and from Gassan Diamonds factory in the heart of Amsterdam
    - Entrance fee and private V.I.P. tour
    - A glass of Champagne
    - After the V.I.P. tour you will receive a surprise gift

The Gassan Diamonds VIP Courtesy pick-up service will take you for a “Brilliant Experience” by Gassan Diamonds. A visit to this Diamond Factory starts with a guided factory tour with many wonderful details. This is the exciting opportunity to see diamonds being crafted trough all stages. You will admire diamond polishers at work while the guide explains where diamonds are found and what stages a diamond goes through before it is transformed into the most dazzling brilliant. Subsequently, you will be given an explanation as to what factors determine the quality of diamonds and their related value. In the showroom loose polished diamonds are shown in various sizes and qualities.
    The factory of Gassan Diamonds is located in the oldest diamond building factory in Amsterdam, built in 1879 and at the time the largest of its kind in the world. Every day in the historic and beautiful heart of Amsterdam, rough diamonds are transformed into dazzling jewels and you can experience the sensation of diamond cutting first-hand and view every stage of the process. Step into the exciting world of more than four centuries of craftsmanship and tradition. It is sure to be an unforgettable experience!

Terms and Conditions

1 night minimum stay required
    Guarantee required
    Full prepayment at time of booking
    No refunds in case of changes or cancellations
    The credit card holder must be present upon arrival with the creditcard used for the booking
    No third party credit card will be accepted
    Credit card guaranteed reservations only
    Subject to availability

http://www.parkplaza.com/amsterdam_cityofdiamonds?s_cid=em.pp.pl68.20110223.offer2image

2. anng3
    Original Member

anng3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good deal but can't seem to get my nights. Oh well.

3. mlarso85
    Original Member

mlarso85 Silver Member

Status Points:
    When I look at the dates that I'm going to be in Amsterdam (June 9th and 10th) it gives over 200 euros for both properties, am I doing something wrong?

4. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've stayed multiple times at both these properties, and they are both great. The victoria is more centrally located, and right near the train station. It is also alot older.

The other is alot newer, very clean and nice, but a little further away.

I highly recommend them both. They normally are 130-170 Euro a night.

5. grand voyageur
    Original Member

grand voyageur Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed a the Victoria on the friends and family rate, fully refundable and breakfast included. Convenient location across from the Central station and got upgraded to a larger room as well (not quite a suite, but separate living and bed rooms). Incredible value for 80 EUR.

6. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    ohh a surprise gift! Maybe its a Diamond!

7. I cannot see any reference to €99 on the page and had the same problem when searching for dates. So, I called both hotels and neither could find the rate for any night in the next 8 weeks.

OP, was the €99 rate mentioned in your email (assuming you received one :) )

8. servus
    Original Member

servus Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I received an email about this promotion. While this promo is still available the rate went up. My o.p. was at the end of February, so the initial promo may have expired!?.

schooleydoo likes this.
  9. Ah, I didn't spot the date. I wish I had visited this section of the forum before the rates increased! Thanks for sharing anyway :)

10. mlarso85
    Original Member

mlarso85 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, thanks for the heads-up anyways!

11. anng3
    Original Member

anng3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Amsterdam rates are really high for spring. Has anyone found any other places to stay that are cheaper?

12. servus
    Original Member

servus Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can stay at the Park Plaza for 80 € (inkl. breakfast). This is a bargain for Amsterdam!

grand voyageur likes this.