AMS Crowne Plaza City Centre

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by JLSocks, Feb 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm heading to AMS next weekend and currently have an award reservation at the Crowne Plaza City Centre. Has anyone had any experience with this property? I've typically stayed at the Renaissance when in AMS and wanted to try something new this time.

2. ag51
    Original Member

ag51 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do you have any status with PC? Platinum members usually get a voucher for one free breakfast (not one for each day of the stay) and a free drink at the bar, but you don't get club lounge access anymore unless it's included in the room rate. The hotel has recently been refurbised, I like the new rooms although some of the ones overlooking the road outside can be noisy when trams pass by (which is very often!). There is a swimming pool, I believe, but have not used it.

Location is good, but if you've stayed at the Renaissance then you know that (as it's virtually across the street) - within a 5 minute walk of the Central Station for trains to Schipol, easy access to the Dam Square and good public transport links to the rest of the city, with tram stops close by.

3. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks for the input AG...I got Platinum last year from a couple of stays and hordes of points they threw at me. I'm not all that impressed with their program. I wasn't aware that I wouldn't get lounge access or free breakfast as a Platinum. That might just push me over to Renaissance b/c I'll get that as gold.