AMS Centralized Security

Discussion in 'Flying Blue | Air France, KLM/Partners' started by KLflyerRalph, Jun 6, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. KLflyerRalph

KLflyerRalph Active Member

Status Points:
    Schiphol Airport changed to Central Security for all flights last week. You can read more about it here: ikvliegveel.[Charlie Oscar Mike]/schiphol-central-security/

uggboy and traveltoomuch like this.
  2. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    uggboy likes this.
  3. SmooveG

SmooveG Silver Member

Status Points:
    All looks very nice and new but the fact remains (for me at least), passing through security was faster with the old setup.
    Arriving at security, immediately after passing through the Privium port, there is no difference anymore between Privium and non Privium members and I'm standing behind people who are uncertain what to put into the trays and what not causing delays.
    Sure I can put my things in the trays and beat them to the body scanner with the new setup but their things are usually already in cue on the band before my trays.
    Second, the body scanners..
    Does anyone at Schiphol even know how to calibrate them or know the correct settings?
    Ever since they replaced the old scanning ports in 2014, it's nearly impossible to pass security without being patted down by one to the officers. Looking at the screen marking yellow and red squares on the body where there is absolutely nothing to be found (except clothing) time and time again. Causing even more delay.
    Passing several hours later wearing exactly the same clothing at Atlanta, Chicago or Philadelphia without delay, just scan and collect my things.
    Maybe Schiphol should give those airports a call for the correct setting for those body scanners.

4. KLflyerRalph

KLflyerRalph Active Member

Status Points:
    Yes they are far too sensitive or something. I've heard numerous reports of alarms while nothing is found subsequently.