Amex Travel Bookings

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by tulane09, Jun 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. tulane09

tulane09 Silver Member

Status Points:
    How do I add my hhonors and clubcarlson # to Amex Travel bookings?

2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    List the HHonors number in your Amex Travel profile.

3. tulane09

tulane09 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm only seeing airlines and car rentals.

4. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Strange. You might have to call. I've got mine, but our company also uses Concur in conjunction with Amex Travel, so that might change what shows where.

tulane09 likes this.
  5. tulane09

tulane09 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just sent a message to them. Hopefully they'll figure it out. Thanks for the help though.

6. tulane09

tulane09 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Welp, Amex was not helpful. Email said to call, phone rep says Amex can't add hotel loyalty numbers. Have to call the individual hotels.

7. tulane09

tulane09 Silver Member

Status Points:
    After calling ClubCarlson I was told Amex booked me using Orbitz and I wasn't eligible. I explicitly went through them to avoid this problem, I was not aware they go to 3rd party sites. I would've bypassed the extra 1 MR I get for booking through Amex travel if I had known. This is really frustrating especially because I need the stay to meet status. Worse yet it's non refundable and was the same price as the CC website.

8. riverchica
    Original Member

riverchica Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow, I had no idea that Amex travel books through other OTAs! I have considered using them to book hotels but that's a huge disincentive.

9. tulane09

tulane09 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just called Hilton for my other reservation, same thing... Orbitz

10. tulane09

tulane09 Silver Member

Status Points:
    So Amex Travel now partners with Orbitz so beware regarding credit towards stays with the hotels. When I called in they were very accommodating though. I didn't care about the ClubCarlson reservation but I needed Hilton to count. The rep put me on hold, called Hilton and was able to get me refunded on a nonrefundable reservation. I'll now book myself. I decided to keep the ClubCarlson since I don't care about credit and for the difference in price it wasn't worth it.

iolaire likes this.
  11. silencer

silencer Active Member

Status Points:
    AMEX travel centre is always a "third-party" OTA and is never eligible for hotel points, except for their FHR reservations.

12. tulane09

tulane09 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've only booked hotels through FHR before this. So that could explain it. The rep did say "new" relationship with orbitz though. And it's not the same for airfare because I've certainly got credit for flights through Amex. Lesson learned, and Amex was very helpful in getting a nonrefundable reservation refunded for me so no real complaints.

13. wheat27
    Original Member

wheat27 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've never booked through AMEX Travel Center for personal travel but I have heard mention before that the rates were points ineligible. On the other hand American Express AXIOM for business travel has in my experience always been eligible for points.