Amex synch offer - Hampton Inns

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by kellio, Mar 21, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. kellio
    Original Member

kellio Gold Member

Status Points:
    New offer today for 25.00 off 150.00 at Hampton Inns.

gconnery likes this.
  2. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    Which card(s) did you get this offer? Didn't see it on my True Rewards, Hilton, or offer on Twitter.

3. Samuel Rhoades

Samuel Rhoades Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got it on Delta gold & MB Platinum. Not on any of my HH or SPG cards

gconnery likes this.
  4. WhiteDesert

WhiteDesert Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got it on my Platinum.
    It didn't appear for my SPG or HHonors Amex.

gconnery likes this.
  5. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting, thanks. Yeah, I only saw it on a Delta Gold card. Ugh. 1X at Hilton with SkyPesos? No thanks. Turns out of course that you can hook this up via the twitter sync method:

https://sync.americanexpress.com/Twitter/Index

Personally this motivated me to finally set up a unique email address (an alias via hotmail) with its own twitter account, synced to unique Amex cards for both my Amex HH NAF and my AUTH on the wife's Amex HH Surpass. I now show the offer sync'd to both cards, so should be able to get $25 off each. Works out pretty well since I'm hoping to get Diamond again this year at HH by doing 30 one night stays.

6. Ed Chandler
    Original Member

Ed Chandler Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd be curious to know what your "all-in" cost is for that.

7. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, since I travel to a couple of days a week and my employer covers my hotel expenses... the cost to me is the time to book all of this, the hassle of changing hotels every night, etc. Typical costs in this area WITH OUR CORPORATE RATE can be kept under $180/night or so. But if you were actually going to pay that yourself to get Diamond? 30 x $180 = $5,400. You'd have to be insane I think.

But change location, book only Friday or Saturday nights and I could almost certainly find a $60 room and drop it to $1,800. Still far more than its worth I think.

Though... we did get upgraded from a regular room at the BNP Paribas tennis tournament last year to a patio room that runs maybe $1,000 a night for 4 nights? Probably worth 4 x $600 = $2,400? Not that I'd pay that for one of those rooms. But I suppose somebody might justify it.

8. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is another offer for $50 off any $250 spend at a Hilton brand properties only. No other brand is accepted, such as Conrad, Hampton Inn, etc. http://boardingarea.com/dealswelike/2014/03/27/amex-sync-50-statement-credit-at-hilton-hotels/