AMEX Surpass offer - 12x points at Hilton Properties

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by jparker, Dec 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jparker

jparker Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got this from AMEX a day or two ago. Seem's like Citi's HHonors Reserve card is sparking a bonus points war..

FROM HILTON HHONORS™ SURPASS®

Your rewards just got richer

Earn 12 Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points for every dollar of eligible purchases at any participating hotel within the Hilton HHonors portfolio of brands.*

*TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Hilton Surpass 12X: You will receive 3 Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Hilton HHonors™ Surpass® Card from American Express. You will receive 9 additional Hilton HHonors Bonus Points, for a total of 12, for each dollar of eligible purchases at any participating hotel within the Hilton HHonors portfolio of brands. You will receive 3 additional Hilton HHonors Bonus Points, for a total of 6, for each dollar of eligible purchases at the following categories of U.S. merchants excluding warehouse clubs and superstores: stand-alone supermarkets; select major drugstores (select major drugstores are CVS Pharmacy, DUANEreade™, Rite Aid®, and Walgreen Company); on gasoline at stand-alone gas stations; and for recurring charges for wireless and home telephone, cable TV and satellite TV directly from these providers (excluding third parties and resellers). Bonus Points do not count toward elite tier qualification in the Hilton HHonors Program. Eligible Purchases means purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits. Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents. Additional terms and restrictions apply. Merchants are typically assigned codes and categorized based on what they sell. Eligible purchases will receive only 3 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points if the merchant code is not in a bonus category. Eligible purchases will receive only 3 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader or if the purchase is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party. In addition, eligible purchases will receive only 3 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points if the purchase is not made directly from the provider of the goods or services.

marcwint55 and Kalboz like this.
  2. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    This was announced a while ago, IIRC.

jparker likes this.
  3. jparker

jparker Silver Member

Status Points:
    I must have missed it. I remember them going to 10x bonus points when the Citi HHonors Reserve first came up but missed the ante being raised to 12x.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  4. jparker

jparker Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think you were right, Letterboy. I was thinking AMEX had raised temporarily to 10 to match Citi but your call was correct on this happening several weeks ago. Not exactly a news flash on my part..

LETTERBOY likes this.