Amex SPG Cancel

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by arshavin, Oct 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. arshavin

arshavin Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have had Amex SPG for over a year now. I signed up when the offer was 10K points. Since then points have stagnated as I for one reason or another, I end up staying at other hotels. I am thinking of canceling this card and apply again next summer or so when the offer may come back again with higher bonus. What are your thoughts on this? I also have Amex Personal Gold and Blue Cash card from few years.

2. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Typically you have to cancel the card and wait a year or so before you can apply again. Usually there is a good offer for this card late in the year. Often the interval is pretty short though, and it already happened this year. So if it happened at the same time next year you'd still be too early to apply again. Of course you could always go for the Business version. Of course you can transfer SPG points to airlines or whatever if you don't stay at SPG hotels.

arshavin likes this.
  3. arshavin

arshavin Silver Member

Status Points:
    How do I transfer SPG to airlines? Is there a way I can transfer SPG to Hyatt or Marriott?

4. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    bluefire and KENNECTED like this.