AMEX Premier Rewards Gold CC - 50K points for a $1K spend 2/20/2013

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by Slow_Mustang, Feb 20, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Slow_Mustang
    Original Member

Slow_Mustang Silver Member

Status Points:
    Gary Leff has the following offer listed on his blog View From the Wing:

'Right now the Premier Rewards Gold — a card I use for triple points on airfare and double points on gas and groceries — is available with a $0 annual fee the first year ($175 after that) and a 50,000 point signup bonus after just $1000 in spending within 3 months.'

Offer Link,
    http://www.creditcards.com/cardmatch
    -

2. 98mike

98mike Silver Member

Status Points:
    I posted this on FT as well. Curious what any thoughts might be on it, please.

I just did a 4 card app on Nov 26 and am days within my 91 days to churn. I did 2x Southwest cards, Amex biz gold MR and a Citi Hilton no fee. Hate to miss this opportunity tho... I may have to drop the hammer tonight and hope am early AOR doesn't backfire.
    Another USAir, Delta 45k and both Hawaii's were on the plan. Sub this for Delta.

3. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    50K offers and higher are rare. I've heard of 75K for PRG, but they're almost always targeted. 50K for a public offer is pretty good.

4. Slow_Mustang
    Original Member

Status Points:
    As you can see, most people in this forum are probably miles/points rich and don't get overly excited, or I should say don't get excited at all at new opportunities, unless they approach the 100K mark.:)

5. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Intresting, I just had the points posted for the 50k gold and 100k platunum offer from the beggining of the year and I'm now seeing this 50k gold offer...

6. julielou2
    Original Member

julielou2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I saw the 50k offer (through creditcards.com) on one of the boarding area blogs...can't remember which one...so I don't know who to thank...I applied today and got an instant approval. I figure 50k is probably going to be the best offer available on the prg for a while given it's recent bonus history. Plus, where can you go right now to get that many points for such a low spend (1K).

autolycus and GoodBoy like this.
  7. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you picked up the AmEx Platinum card with the most recent 100,000 bonus offer, wouldn't that disqualify from getting the bonus for this card?

8. julielou2
    Original Member

julielou2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    There was a time when Amex would give you extra reward points if you added another cardholder to the account. Does this still happen?

9. Slow_Mustang
    Original Member

Status Points:
    The T&C's on their offer page states as follows and confirm your post,

"Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product or any other Business Gold, Green or Platinum Card® account within the last 12 months."

BTW, Currently 'gleff' has a link to a 75K (with $10K spend in 4 months) offer on his blog.
    -