Amex Premier rewards gold 75k targeted offer

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by ilovskins12, Feb 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ilovskins12

ilovskins12 Active Member

Status Points:
    I just checked the AMEX website by putting in my information to see if I had any special offers. I was pleased to see that I had a premier rewards gold offer of 75k after 1k spend in 3 months + 175 fee waived for first year. I am not ready for my app-o-rama yet (need another month). Does anyone know how long the offer will stay? It wasn't a mail offer so they don't show offer expiration date. Any help would be appreciated.

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP!

Sorry, don't know the answer to your question, but where on the Amex site do you see the special offer?

3. ilovskins12

Status Points:
    Just got to americanexpress.com, then scroll to the bottom of the page. Under "American Express Cards" click Personal Cards. There will now be a gray bar across the top (under the first set of options) with 6 different options to pick from. One of them is "View your special offers". Let me know if you have the same offer

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  4. ilovskins12

Status Points:
    I wanted to wait till April 5th for my first App-O-Rama but I also don't want to loose out on this offer. If I only have 3 creidt cards applied for in the last year (although 1 was early November and the other 2 were January 1st) what are the opinion on going for it now rather than waiting and possibly loosing out on this offer?

5. bthobe
    Original Member

bthobe Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't see a link to View your special offers on my Amex page. :(

6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Me neither.

7. BothofUs

BothofUs Silver Member

Status Points:
    Try to clear cache and cookies in your browser, I had the same thing happen (it had stored in my computer that I was a current cardholder). After clearing cookies and cache it got me to the offer. Note I had to put in the last 4 of my ssn to see offers but I don't believe it's a hard pull until you actually apply for the card.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  8. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:

Ah, I was logged in with my account. When I used a different browser where I wasn't logged in, I saw the "Special Offers" tab/section... and after entering my data I got a big fat

Sorry, we are unable to find any mail offers for you at this time.

Mail offers?!

Tried my wife, who doesn't have an Amex card (other than an SPG card for my account) and another

Sorry we are unable to find any existing offers for you at this time.

I may just have to stop using my SPG and HHonors card for a while to entice them to make me a deal.

karlyn and bthobe like this.
  9. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    you won't get this option if you're a current card member. i think this was discussed a few weeks ago on another deal. or the other board.

10. julielou2
    Original Member

julielou2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    ilovskins12...why wait? If the offer disappears then you are going to experience regret. I know we all have regrets...why add another one to your list?

11. jrjcopp
    Original Member

jrjcopp Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just noticed this offer when I went to login to my yahoo mail account. Don't know if everyone will see it, but go to yahoo.com and click the Mail link on the left. I'm applying though I wish I had a day to lower what I currently owe them!

12. ilovskins12

Status Points:
    I also have the offer. Do you believe this is one to apply for even if you were planning an App-o-rama in the next month. I wanted to wait but I also don't want to let this go.

13. jrjcopp
    Original Member

jrjcopp Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm applying. I've wanted this card for the 5% back Open Savings with fedex and 2x points on shipping. The whole app-o-rama thing never works for me. I tend to jump at individual offers.

14. jrjcopp
    Original Member

jrjcopp Silver Member

Status Points:
    Approved! This is one I think I'll keep even with the rather steep annual fee.