I mentioned somewhere in a previous thread that I was very interested in the Amex Platinum card, and was hoping that somehow, someday I could get it with a 100k pt bonus. The problem is that I have a green card that I don't wish to cancel (truthfully it's primarily for sentimental reasons). I just logged in to Amex and saw that I'm preapproved for a Platinum (interesting since it was always only Gold before... now I've opened 2 new lines of credit and it's become Platinum). The Platinum upgrade gives me 25k MR points and I keep my green card number, which (don't laugh) is part of the sentimental factor. Think I should just go for it? A 100k offer may or may not ever come along and I could only take it at this point if my green card were cancelled for at least 90 days. Which, again, I don't want to do. And any other upgrade offer I've seen never offered any MR points at all. At least the 25k is the same as the public offers I've seen around recently. Anyway, not asking anyone to make the decision for me, just curious on others' thoughts. Assuming you really wanted the Platinum, would you cancel your Green and hold out for a 100k platinum offer? If I get the Platinum, I doubt I will ever fully cancel it (might downgrade though). Which I guess would leave me ineligible for a SPG bonus too. Hmm.