Amex Platinum Delta SkyMiles CC

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by royce242, Jul 5, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. royce242

royce242 Silver Member

I'm a bit desperate for a new CC sign up bonus and was considering this card. It offers 25K miles after first purchase and 10K when you spend 2K within 3 months. The only problem is their $150 which I'm finding tough to swallow. Has anyone ever seen this card waive their annual fee for the first year or perhaps have used a better sign up bonus to lure customers?

2. infamousdx

infamousdx Silver Member

Getting an annual fee waived when the bank is not currently offering it is a TALL order. The best part about the Amex Platinum Delta is the MQM bonus which kind of makes the $150 worth it (if you do value Delta elite status). Otherwise, I think I could find plenty of other cards for which to apply.
  3. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

I doubt you'll get the fee waived. But what do you want the most -- just plain Delta miles, or Medallion Qualifying Miles? If you just need a quick shot of plain miles then the Amex Gold Delta is a better deal -- you'll get 30K miles for zero annual fee the first year and with only $500 of spend.

If you're looking for MQMs and you are a heavy spender (> $60K/year) then the $450 Delta Reserve is probably well worth it. If you're a lighter spender and/or just need a few MQMs then the Platinum probably makes sense.
    TravelBear likes this.