Amex Platinum churning

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by mcrfleisch, Mar 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Has anyone tried to churn the new amex platinum 50,000 pts, 200$ travel reward?

2. geclub1
    Original Member

geclub1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think the $200 fee reimbursement is an annual benefit.

3. AdamRx
    Original Member

AdamRx Silver Member

Status Points:
    The $200 fee reimbursement is a new annual benefit that just came out in December 2010. You have to pick one airline for the calendar year for it to apply too. Use your card to charge food/drinks onboard, luggage fees, etc, and you will be reimbursed up to $200 per calendar year only on that one airline.
    The new travel app that came out in December is pretty great too, it includes TripIt Pro membership as well.

4. I am thinking about it too. Please post it if you have experience.

5. flytoeat
    Original Member

flytoeat Active Member

Status Points:
    I had an AMEX Platinum Card for over ten years but cancelled it 3-4 years ago. Will I receive the 50K if I sign up again? It didn't serve my purposes any longer but now that I accrue with BA, it may again be useful. Thanks for any advice.

6. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    ... and TripIt Pro membership comes with Regus membership :)

7. Yes. 2 years is the deal, apparently.
    apply from another browser, (or clear your cache) not the usual one you might sign in to Amex on, should you have another card. If they recognise you from cached cookies the offer might be downgraded (onscreen).