Amex Platinum 25,000 sign up bonus

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by garyst16, May 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is this worth the $450/annual fee? I've seen 75,000 bonus for Gold Cards.

"We’re the Platinum Card Team, and we’d like to invite you to upgrade your membership, and experience a new level of the American Express® service you already enjoy. As a Platinum Card member you gain access to a world of exceptional benefits and protections, and 25,000 Membership Rewards® bonus points with your very first purchase by June 30, 2011"

2. lotso-bear
    Original Member

lotso-bear Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't think it's worth it, especially in light of the recent 50K and 100K offers for the same cards.

garyst16 likes this.
  3. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, Lotso. Do you have the links to the offer 100K? Also, I realize I should have posted this under the Credit Card links so if it can be moved by the moderator that would be great!

4. Tivoboy
    Original Member

Tivoboy Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
  5. Walt_K

Walt_K Active Member

Status Points:
    I'm not sure you would be able to get the 100K offer. It was targeted. And last week people who had signed up under 50K offer were e-mailing Amex to ask for the additional 50K points after stories of success were posted on pointsguy and frugaltraveller. After getting inundanted with requests, Amex started requiring people to fax in proof that they had received the targeted offer.

6. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points: