Amex Plat credit on delta

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by AMPfromBNA, Nov 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. AMPfromBNA

AMPfromBNA Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've got 2 RT left this year and haven't even touched my Delta Platinum $200 credit. What's the best way to burn this? If I buy wifi via the delta site, will that be applied to the credit? I'm thinking I might just need to buy all of EC a round of drinks next time I'm not upgraded.

What have you used this for in the past? Strategies???

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    DL SC passes are on sale again, IIRC four for $99, to be purchased from a SC dragon. Can you use some? They should be transferable and good for a year.

3. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can you use them to purchase a 3 yr membership to the SC? IF you are getting a discount, not a bad deal to knock another 200 off.

4. HighPlainsDrifter

HighPlainsDrifter Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can buy gift ecerts in $50 increments. All of mine have been reimbursed 3-4 days afterwards and I even received 50 membership reward points with each transaction. It might be possible to get reimbursed for purchasing Skymiles with the boost offer that follows purchasing a ticket - $59 for 3000 Skymiles. At about 2 cents a SkyMile its priced above what most people would consider fair value but could be worthwhile in some situations.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
    icurhere2 and AMPfromBNA like this.