AMEX Personal and Business

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by TUMD, Feb 25, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone have experience with applying for an AMEX Personal and Business card at the same time? I wanted my girlfriend to get an SPG card for herself but we are also starting a little home business and would like a business card to keep the spending for that seperate (I would just apply myself but I just did a round of cards last month). Anyone have experience getting approved for both on the saem day?
    Speaking of the business, if anyone would be interested in bangle bracelets message me and I will send you pics of our first off the line. There would have a MP discount of course :D;)

2. John Deere

John Deere Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've been accepted for Amex personal and biz on same day. You may have to call reconsideration line, but it's possible to pull off.

TUMD likes this.
  3. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ditto. Multiple times. Wouldn't be concerned IF you have reasonable justification for the business card and can walk them through your finances. If you have to make a call, they will almost certainly ask about this. And have good credit etc etc.

TUMD likes this.
  4. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Amex is easy to get a business account, have both.
    Put my wife's name on the account and now she has both business and personal..

Truth is all they can say is NO, and we know they love to say YES.
    So ask..

.Just like first date with GF, after you get married they do learn to say NO,

TUMD likes this.