AMEX Membership Rewards Points - Transfer Now or Later

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by joediver, Apr 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. joediver
    Original Member

joediver Silver Member

Status Points:
    I posted this under the general discussion section by accident under the wrong title.

Now that everyone has collected their MR points from the latest bonuses I'd like to get your opinions on when to transfer them. I plan on transferring them to CO miles before the September deadline but I know as soon as I do CO will offer a bonus like BA and Delta are currently doing. Any long time CO people out there have any thoughts on this. Will CO try to get more people to transfer with an extra bonus incentive before they end their relationship with Amex or not. I do not have any pending need for the miles but I'd like to get the most out of Amex before the deadline.

2. techboyds
    Original Member

techboyds Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you don't have any pending need, and you're not going to cancel the linked card in any particular hurry (doing so can lose the points), I see no downside to waiting, so you might as well.

I find it highly unlikely that there will be a bonus for Continental, since the incentive will be the impending closure of the option, which is probably more than enough, but who knows?

Also, there might be some other great deal that comes up that might cause you to change your plans.

3. emajy
    Original Member

emajy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I doubt they are going to make an offer. I plan on transferring my points to my One Pass account right before the deadline so I only pay on fee.

savydog likes this.
  4. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points: