AMEX does right

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by rajuabju, Feb 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    So many times, we hear negative stories, so here's a positive experience I just had /w Amex.

I had a balance of about $600 on my amex spg card, which I paid by a few different sources. I always pay in full of course.

For one reason or another (still investigating) one of the payments did not go through. But it hit Amex's system, and got rejected (although they say its not from insufficient funds).

So I was hit with 1) Late fee, 2) returned check fee.

I called amex, immediately paid via another method. I asked that the late fee be waived. Not only did they waive that fee, but also the $15 returned check fee was also credited back to me, without me asking for it.

Now I go yell at my bank that failed to make the payment properly. I doubt they'll have such wonderful CS

savydog and FlyingFree like this.
  2. Westsox
    Original Member

Westsox Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have always known AMEX to be the Best in Class when it comes to service.

3. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    Of all the credit card companies that I have ever dealt with, I would have agree that the AMEX staff are consistently above average.

It is because of their customer service that I will probably always keep an active AMEX despite the fees involved.

4. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Have always had good service from AMEX. Much better than some of the banks.

5. neil
    Original Member

neil Silver Member

Status Points:
    AMEX is always good with insurance (rental cars) and foreign "phantom" charges.

Their slogan should be, "AMEX: We Don't Play Dat."

6. richinaz
    Original Member

richinaz Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think it can also depend on how good of a customer you are. Once I called Diners Club to complain about a late fee because I knew I made a payment. While we were on the phone discussing the issue I went through my records on line and realized I made a payment to the wrong "D" card. I made the payment to Discover and not Diners so I apologized to the person but they still went ahead and waived all late fees even though it was my fault. At that time I used my Diners Club card often.

savydog likes this.