AmEx Delta signup bonus? Have you been denied?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by royce242, Jun 28, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. royce242

royce242 Silver Member

Status Points:
    When I went to apply for the Delta AmEx platinum card (60k miles plus a $100 credit) the rules within the application stated that if I had ANY AmEx credit cards currently, I MAY not qualify to receive the sign up bonus. Do they really enforce this and has anyone been denied a sign up bonus because they had another credit card with them (and I'm not talking about if they had the same card in the recent past)?

Thanks in advance for sharing any of your experiences regarding this rule.

satman40 likes this.
  2. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hey!

So looking at the verbiage on the app it states, " If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product."

In my experience, as long as you've never had the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express then you're fine and you will get bonus.

I have this card, so if anyone is interested in getting it, please PM, so I can refer you :)

satman40 likes this.
  3. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had the Delta Amex card many years ago, I still have the 25,000 Delta Miles, I also received AA Miles with the AA Amex Card, and many other Amex Cards...

One would think, I could no longer receive any miles from future application, not a very good plan for Amex...I would think the rule is I can no longer get the Delta or AA Miles,

They do have a 10 year history on their computer screen, when you call in, so just ask them, they are good people...:D

I like Amex, they have treated me good over the year, and I have churned them many times...:cool:

4. moongoddess

moongoddess Silver Member

Status Points:
    The way AmEx is currently doing business is to limit a customer to a single lifetime bonus for each type of reward category. So you can only get one Delta Skymiles bonus, one Membership Rewards bonus, one Starpoints bonus, etc., no matter how long it's been since you last held a card for any of those categories and no matter how many cards in each category you've signed up for. Canceled your Starwood Preferred Guest card years ago, and now you're reapplying for a new one? Too bad, no Starpoints bonus for you. Never participated in Membership Rewards before, and now you've just applied for an AmEx Platinum, a Premier Rewards Gold card, and an AmEx Everyday Preferred card? That's three new cards, but you're only getting one Membership Rewards bonus.

But the rule doesn't restrict existing customers from getting a bonus if they sign up for a new card in a rewards category they've never had before. So you should have no problems getting the Delta Skymiles bonus, since you've never had an AmEx Skymiles card before. The fact that you have other AmEx cards is irrelevant, since they are for different rewards programs.

satman40 likes this.
  5. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    One thing is to consider having your wife sign up for the card.,

I often sign my wife up for the same card after the bonus is received,

As for WN we rotate, for the CP.,

I use to have my mother sign up for cards, she alway had the miles to needed to visit her friends,