Amex Delta Reserve Skymiles Card Question

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by CVFDCHIEF180, Feb 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. CVFDCHIEF180

CVFDCHIEF180 Active Member

Status Points:
    I am curious.......this comes from the AMEX website.......my question is can you recieve miles from both an AMEX Skymiles Reserve Business and Personal Card? According to ALL information I have found thus far you can recieve the bonus but then I find this. Can someone verify they have recieved mileage from both a Personal and a Business Card? Quoted as follows: "You may be permitted to have more than one Options, Classic, Gold, Platinum, or Delta Reserve Card from American Express account; however, you are only eligible to receive one annual bonus for each type (i.e., Options, Classic, Gold, Platinum, or Delta Reserve) of Delta SkyMiles Credit Card account from American Express. " (http://www304.americanexpress.... Special Note # 3

2. mdsiegel

mdsiegel Active Member

Status Points:
    I have a Delta Reserve for my Business and a Delta Platinum for myself. I get the bonus miles for both. MDS

3. ckwill
    Original Member

ckwill Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm also confused about this wording as it relates to two different personal cards. The "one annual bonus for each type" wording seems to indicate that you can receive an annual bonus for both a personal Platinum and a personal Reserve card. I don't think that's the intent of the statement, but that's what I understand when I read the sentence.

My situation is a little different, and I wonder if anyone has a similar experience. I currently have the Delta Platinum AMEX and within the next couple weeks I will reach the $25,000 spend threshold to receive 10,000 bonus MQMs. Last year when I hit this threshold, I received the bonus MQMs when my current statement closed.

I've been considering upgrading to the Delta Reserve card this year. If I upgrade to the Reserve card after the Platinum bonus MQMs post, does the "clock" start over for the bonus MQMs on the Reserve card? In other words, if I reach the Reserve spending threshold of $30,000 (on top of the $25,000 already spent) by the end of 2012, would I be able to obtain the 15,000 bonus MQMs? Or would I receive an additional 5,000 MQMs (difference between Reserve and Platinum bonus) when I reach $30,000 total spend for the year? Or would I not be eligible to earn any bonus MQMs on the Reserve this calendar year because I'd already received bonus MQMs from the Platinum card?

Thanks!

4. ckwill
    Original Member

ckwill Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just sent a message to AMEX asking about my question above. This is the (thorough) response I received: