Amex Costco Retention Offer

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by satman40, Sep 11, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Spend $1,000.00 and they will give you $300.00, to keep the card another year..no fee..

Wife just picked up SPG Business Card, last day is the 14th...

We can still get SMGC and spend them at Costco,

2. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wife and I both received Amex Business Gold Reward Card offer today 75,000 MR points expires October 19, spend $5000.

Seems like they are going after the Amex Costco Card holders.,

I also picked up the SPG Business Card, and have the SPG Personal Card,

3. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:
    Costco with AMX stops Dec 31, 2015.

Anyway Costco is average quality and average price and you are tricked into buying volume and throw away the remaining.

Costco TVs are warehouse versions minus a few parts, hearing aids are warehouse models less than manufacturer gives to retailers, tires are average price but Les Schwaub beats them in service, and of course toilet paper is only $1.03/1000 sq ft........

Check out the new Seattle Seahawks jackets where Costco claims FLEECE but the fleece is only 20% and polyester and mixed on outer area. Joke!

If you have one thing to buy at Costco is polish sausage which Costco refuse to grill only boil losing taste for $1.50. Joke!

4. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:
    Costco in big trouble for selling fake Tiffany rings
    September 12, 2015 | 6:06pm

[​IMG]
    Costco Photo: AP

Did you buy that Tiffany engagement ring along with six large cans of cling peaches the last time you made a run to Costco?

Well, a Manhattan federal judge said pretrial evidence has established that Costco, the largest US warehouse club chain, had infringed Tiffany’s trademarks by selling engagement rings — and that it confused consumers by using the word Tiffany in display case signs.

Manhattan federal court Judge Laura Taylor Swain rejected Costco claims that Tiffany’s trademarks were invalid because they sought to prevent others from using the word Tiffany as a generic description of a type of ring setting.

“Despite Costco’s arguments to the contrary, the court finds that, based on the record evidence, no rational finder of fact could conclude that Costco acted in good faith in adopting the Tiffany mark,” Swain wrote.

Under the terms of the judge’s ruling, Tiffany may now take Costco before a jury to seek damages. These penalties could include a recovery of Costco’s profits from the sale of the diamond rings, as well as punitive damages.

Swain set a hearing for Oct. 30 and directed Tiffany and Costco to “make good faith efforts to settle the outstanding issues.”

In a statement, Tiffany General Counsel Leigh Harlan welcomed the ruling, saying it “further validates the strength and value of the Tiffany mark and reinforces our continuing efforts to protect the brand.”

Representatives for Costco did not respond to requests for comment.

Tiffany filed the lawsuit on Valentine’s Day in February 2013, saying it believed hundreds, if not thousands, of Costco members bought engagement rings they wrongly believed were authentic Tiffany products.

icurhere2 and satman40 like this.
  5. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We have a Tiffany store in Indy, but do not try to have them make you a custom ring, seems they are all mass produced, like their 6 point ring mount.

I have seen Rolex watches in Costco also,

The main reason we buy at Costco is the return, not for a 6 point ring mount?

This case is more about press than product., anyone know who was the first to use a 6 sided bolt.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  6. othermike27

othermike27 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Uh, er, ... Tiffany? :p

satman40 likes this.
  7. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    :D I find some of these legal cases a real joke...

One of these day the guy's kid who invented the wheel is going to sue the tire company for using his design.

Too many Lawyers

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    Newscience likes this.
  8. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:

CHECK into EVERY item at Costco.....it's cheaper due to three factors:
    1. Lesser quality
    2. Volume purchase
    3. Bigger sizes.

9. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:

Too may lawyers I agree but also too many idiots who buy at Costco because everyone else buys not because it's good quality.

Polish sausage and toilet paper seem good deals but the rest????

10. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Many Asians buy toilet paper there, they must sell it cheap..

Costco returns are great, once seen a guy bring back year old hamburger,

I personally returned a year old Virus infected computer, told them it had a bad hard drive, they gave me my money back, and I bought a new one from them.

The quality should be in the product produced, agree.

Standing behind the product, should be the job of the producer, not the seller.

As a retailer we stood behind many products ordered at the clients request, and many that we recommended

You make some great points, and I can understand how you must feel,

I am glad Costco continue to serve the customers, and provide employment for the area.

I invested in the company many years ago, and very thankful the stock has increased in value.

Newscience likes this.
  11. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:

Well......Asian comment wasn't thought out well.

You seem to not understand Costco's model as it intentionally asks the manufacturer to produce warehouse items(less quality) at a reasonable price. Since Costco engages the manufacturer to cheapen the product it's return policy seems reasonable.

12. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Asian purchases are my observation, and in Bejing Asians seem to carry paper with them since it is not provided in many public restrooms.

Sears used the same method with the Delco battery cheaper case, less grids, and they stood behind the product.

It is a business decision, in your final days nursing home will short your on your Med's, and the amount of care you are given,

I am married to an Asian, and have been for many years, they are conservative and very value oriented . They are also highly educated.

The larger the order placed with the manufacture the more control they have over the product, even GM, has Delco bid in it's Batteries, and one year Delco lost the contract.

I understand performance and production very well, profit is not a dirty word, in the real world.

Costco is experiencing growth because of the value perceived, by the majority of it,s customers, we all know not everyone is happy, it is an impossible task to please everyone, life and Costco will move on.

Personally I would spend more time trying to get ahead, than trying to get even.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
    Newscience likes this.
  13. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is this the Costco gripers forum? :p

@satman40 has Costco pretty much down as described. And guess what - the products there aren't a whole lot better or worse than most everywhere else these days. And at least in Costco, you can return pretty much what you don't like- no questions asked.

And if it's "made in China", that's pretty much what everyone is selling in the US. Our national manufacturing capacity is pretty much gone for good - don't blame Costco! :)

flyforawg likes this.
  14. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was going to reply but then reading the rest of it it is so off-topic.

Anyways I was saying I havent gotten a call from Amex. A few people I know have, asking them to switch/create a new account with Amex. But considering I already have 4 Amex Credit cards ... I doubt I'll get one.

satman40 and Newscience like this.
  15. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have more than 4 Amex Cards, and just today received the SPG Business card the 30,000 offer has expired, 25 k is not bad.

OPEN has a 75,000 MR Offer at the moment, we both received the targeted offer.

My wife also applied for the SPG Business Card,

The Hotel Points are valuable to both of us.

I canceled my AA Amex card not too long ago.

Good Luck,