AmEx Centurion "WOW promotions"

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by pnoeric, Feb 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. pnoeric

pnoeric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Typically, about once per year, we get an incredible hotel offer from the Centurion card-- for example, a free night at the Montage Resort in Beverly Hills or Laguna Beach plus $500 resort credit (amazing), or in Las Vegas, a highly discounted room rate at the Aria plus a $500 resort credit (still damn good, esp considering the room is ~$129 and you can apply the $500 to pay for that).

We just learned that these are called "WOW promotions" and there's apparently a "whole bunch of them going on," according to the rep we just talked to at AmEx travel. We were also told that people find out about them via targeted mailings, but nobody's ever asked us about the mailings when we've called to book the opportunities that we were invited to join.

Anyone else know about these WOW promotions-- or have you heard of others? How can we find out about more of these?

alohastephen likes this.
  2. TheTravelAbstract

TheTravelAbstract Silver Member

Status Points:
    Leeeeeeeeroooooooooooooooooooooooooy jenkins! Promo. It's a pretty good deal.

sorry. had to do it. ;)

But that Aria deal is awesome. I recently stayed at the Vdara, you can read about it on my blog, and had a great time.

I can't afford $89 annual fee. Let alone get offered a Centurion.

How did you qualify?

3. pnoeric

pnoeric Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's not my card-- ask my boyfriend ;-)

TheTravelAbstract likes this.