Amex Centurion Lounge - Las Vegas

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by modhop, Mar 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. modhop

modhop Silver Member

Status Points:
    [my] modhop member dlnbk posted some pics of his visit to the Centurion Lounge @LAS. Thought we'd share a few of our faves:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

GoodBoy, mtlfire, 8MiHi and 1 other person like this.
  2. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just received a membership package from AMEX giving me 5 visits at any Centurion Lounge. I am allowed two guests or my nuclear family (kids under 18 please).
    Currently there is only one Centurion Lounge. It is in Concourse D in LAS, but they have plans for more.
    The membership package does not specify potential future locations.

GoodBoy and NYCUA1K like this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Membership package for or based on what?

GoodBoy, 8MiHi and iolaire like this.
  4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I too received early this week the membership kit for the Centurion Lounge but good for only two visits to the one and only one lounge in LAS. The membership card** looks like below and, from the last 5 digits of the associated AMEX card, my membership is based on my AMEX Business Platinum card:
    Centurion Lounge card.png

**Edit: Strictly speaking the card above is just the "access key" and not a membership card, at least during the current promo period.

GoodBoy and iolaire like this.
  5. Lagunachris

Lagunachris Active Member

Status Points:
    I also received a key this week for "unlimited access through Dec 31, 2013". For The Centurion Lounge, Las Vegas. Too bad we always drive to Vegas, I'd like to check it out. Material said normal fee will be $50.

GoodBoy likes this.
  6. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I will definitely have no opportunity to take advantage of my two free visits, since I have not been to LAS in nearly 30 years and have no plans to change that...
    Since I have the United Club and Priority Pass (Select and non-Select) memberships, in addition to being a *G, I do not see how I can justify paying to keep this card/membership after the promo period expires. That the lounge may be nicer and offer more amenities will not be an incentive...

GoodBoy and 8MiHi like this.
  7. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was wondering why this initial offer came with such a high disparity in the number of free visits: 2, 5 and unlimited just among the three who got the offer and posted here. My sense is the reason I got just two free visits is the following:
    AMEX knows who has or has not spent time in LAS by just checking the records of where the card was used. Since I have not been to LAS in 30 years, it was unlikely that I would use the lounge, so I got a small number of the free promotional visits...just in case. This theory can be tested if people can also indicate how often they have been to LAS in recent years...

8MiHi and GoodBoy like this.
  8. dayone
    Original Member

dayone Silver Member

Status Points:
    DFW is scheduled to get a Centurion Lounge in Terminal D.

8MiHi and GoodBoy like this.
  9. jashaski

jashaski New Member

Status Points:
    I also received an unlimited access pass for 2013. What other locations are planned?

GoodBoy likes this.
  10. Lighthouse
    Original Member

Lighthouse Gold Member

Status Points:
    Which AMEX card is being targeted? Is the invitation coming with your monthly statement? Thanks

GoodBoy likes this.
  11. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    As I wrote above, my invitation is based on my AMEX Business Platinum. The invitation arrived by snail mail (my statement is electronic) in a medium-sized envelop that contained a slick brochure describing the new lounge service; the inside of the back cover of the brochure has a pocket that holds the "personal access keycard".

GoodBoy likes this.
  12. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just to demystify this offer and the Centurion Lounge a bit, I will provide what I just learned from the enclosed T&C card, which I did not bother reading carefully until now, but I have done it so that you wouldn't have to.;)

The offer is not based on a specific AMEX but on any valid AMEX card. Anyone with such a card will be able to purchase lounge access for $50, which will be valid for only 24 hr. It means that the membership is the AMEX card, and the lounge access is a benefit of the card, but you must pay $50 each time for the "privilege" of accessing the Lounge (Gee, thanks!). For this specific offer, it appears to be targeted:
    The Centurion Lounge is not for me...Can't justify it. It seems perfect for uninformed (read: non-MP or non-TOBB type) business travelers...:D

GoodBoy, 8MiHi and iolaire like this.
  13. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting phrasing "American Express issued Card" So I suppose that none of the the Starwood, Hilton, Skymiles, or AA branded American Express Cards will do.

GoodBoy likes this.
  14. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    The AA-branded Amex cards are issued by Citibank. The others you list are issued by American Express.

GoodBoy and Mapsmith like this.
  15. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have two amex cards - Business Platinum and Costco. There may be some relationship between my cards and this membership. Most likely the Business Platinum card provides the benefit. I have no plans for the rest of this year to get to LAS, but maybe if I need the miles an MR could include a visit.

GoodBoy likes this.
  16. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    In re-reading the material, my business platinum is clearly mentioned and is the card that would be charged if I needed more than 5 visits or more guests than indicated.
    I have been to LAS about 5 times in the last 2 years and I visited a temporary AMEX lounge at CES in Las Vegas in January.

GoodBoy likes this.
  17. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    It should give on the access key card that you received the last 5 digits of your AMEX that provides you this benefit, as shown here: "...please present your valid American Express card ending in ______"

Ha, you beat me to it.:)

GoodBoy and 8MiHi like this.
  18. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes,this is the case.

GoodBoy and NYCUA1K like this.
  19. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can anyone confirm this yet? Can one get in (paying $50) with an Amex Hilton card?
    Does anyone know when?

20. i received this about a month back, via a plat card, no need for it, never been to Vegas, not sure about targeting, presumably it was sent to all plat card holders

8MiHi likes this.
  21. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    I never got one :(
    But I did move a lot this last year so maybe it got lost in the mail.

GoodBoy likes this.
  22. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    I did not get it either (Platinum cardholder), and I have not moved in a long time. :confused:

GoodBoy and SuperKirby like this.
  23. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    Possible we did not meet a "minimum spend"?

GoodBoy and legalalien like this.
  24. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I did not get one...but I do meet nearly any minimum spend threshold.... ;)

GoodBoy and legalalien like this.
  25. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    You do not value a nicer lounge with more amenities? Is it a price point issue for you? Would you care at $1? $10?

If this lounge is materially nicer than alternatives (quality food offerings, more spacious, superior bar, etc) and I had a non-trivial wait at the airport, I'd gladly pay.

If it is more akin to the Oasis lounge at JFK T4 (or any UA lounge), I'd not.

GoodBoy, 8MiHi and tommy777 like this.