AMEX Business Gold Reward Card - 75k points offer

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by mymilesandmoney, Jan 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. mymilesandmoney

mymilesandmoney Member

Status Points:
    Here is the linky:
    http://cc.ebay.com/americanexpress-LTO

Terms & Condition:
    Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product or any other Business Gold, Green or Platinum Card® account within the last 12 months. To be eligible to receive the bonus points, you must (1) apply for the Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN using Bonus ID A3P6 prior to termination of this offer, but in no event later than January 28th, 2013, and (2) charge $10,000 of eligible purchases on the Business Gold Rewards Card in the first 4 months of Card membership. If you apply after January 28th, 2013, we may still process your application but you will not be eligible for the 75,000 bonus points. The bonus points will be credited to your Membership Rewards® account 6 - 8 weeks after you have met the purchase requirement. Offer limited to 75,000 bonus points per card account. This is a limited time offer, which may be terminated by American Express at any time. Offer may not be combined with any other promotional offers. Eligible purchases are purchases of goods and services minus returns and other credits, and do not include fees or interest charges, cash advances, purchases of traveler's checks, purchases or reloading of reloadable pre-paid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents. Membership Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
    1 To use Pay with Points, you must charge purchase through American Express Travel to Membership Rewards program-enrolled Card. Points will be debited from Membership Rewards account, and credit for corresponding dollar amount will be issued to Card account used. If points redeemed do not cover entire amount, the balance of purchase price will remain on Card account. Minimum redemption 5,000 points. Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards® program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276) for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice.
    2 Point values and redemption levels vary by event and venue. Ticket limits may apply. Subject to availability.

2. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    So Vanilla Reloads at CVS or a Wells Fargo card would not count as minimum spend?

That will play a significant role in whether or not I apply for this.

3. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    How would they ever know? It may be referring to buying Amex products from Amex itself for the prepaid portion. If you are buying a store, it shows up as a charge for that amount without an itemized bill attached to it. I doubt, but may eventually get there, that Amex is going to flag every large purchase from a drug store or what not and make the purchaser prove they didn't buy a bean.

merice107 likes this.
  4. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    And Amazon Payments are probably good then too?

5. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    As far as I have used it. My "wife" just one and we received the points using a variety of purchasing methods. :cool:

Dad to GO and merice107 like this.
  6. Dad to GO

Dad to GO Silver Member

Status Points:
    If they were able to differentiate between a normal purchase for "goods" and a purchase for gift cards then they would not allow it on ANY of their cards.... so I would not worry about that one bit. I agree that it is probably referring to purchasing directly through AMEX for their products.

As for Amazon... again it is a goods and service... There is no reason for them to think otherwise.

7. andrewhyde

andrewhyde Active Member

Status Points:
    Just checked my statement and was happy to see 2x points earned for any ad spend on Facebook. A nice perk of the card.