Amex Bluebird - send a photo id?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Gacspeech, Oct 27, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Gacspeech

Gacspeech Active Member

Hello Milepoint,

I signed up for an Amex Bluebird card so I can start trying to add some Vanilla Reloads to it and pay my mortgage.

A week or so ago, I was home so rather than drive to a Walmart, I registered online to have a Bluebird card sent to me. A few days passed and I got an email saying before they can send me a card, they have to verify my identity. Therefore, I have to mail, fax, or send a secure email that includes a photocopy of my: driver's licencse or passport?

What? Does this sound right to you ? Did anyone have to do this? It just sounds a bit sketchy that I have to send a random stranger a copy of my id (I mean, they still don't know if it's me or not - I could be sending someone else's id - which I'm not).

Thanks for any information you can provide. I always get the best and most helpful answers here.
    MX likes this.
  2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

I read quite a bit about Bluebird yesterday. I think that for registering, verification by email is sufficient. However, it might be necessary to respond to additional verification requests. When in doubt, check out the T&C:
    I hope that is helpful.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
    MX likes this.