AMEX Blue Cash Preferred/Everday $250/$150 Sign up Bonus

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by romsdeals, Feb 13, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. romsdeals

romsdeals Silver Member

Status Points:
    AMEX Blue Cash Preferred has a $250 sign up via creditcards.com/cardmatch. Fill out the info, but no need to put SSN. The offers should pop up after logging in.
    • Earn 250 Reward Dollars after you make $1,000 in purchases in the first three months of Cardmembership
    • Get 6% cash back at U.S. stand-alone supermarkets, 3% cash back on gasoline at U.S. stand-alone gas stations and select major department stores; 1% cash back on other purchases
    • Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit
    • The first $6,000 of purchases at U.S. stand-alone supermarkets in a calendar year qualifies for 6% cash back; 1% thereafter
    • Simple and Straightforward: With the Blue Cash Preferred Card, you can start earning cash back. No rotating reward categories. No enrollment required
    • $75 annual fee[​IMG]
    With a $250 sign-up bonus, you would net $535 after the $75 annual fee. Another way to see it is 8.9% on groceries ($535/6000) the first year and 4.75% ($285/6000) cash back on groceries every year after that.

Maxing out the Blue Cash Everyday grocery benefit would be 3% * $6,000 = $180. If you add the $150 bonus, you would net $330 the first year.

In my opinion, it is worth it to get the AMEX Blue Cash Preferred Credit Card because you can get a bigger return the first year.

miles and smiles likes this.
  2. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    $250 is the best sign up bonus I've seen with this card. It was $100 when I got it two years ago, and $150 has been offered for a while. Now that they have imposed the $6000 limit for the 6% cash back, lots of people will be cancelling the card and they will probably be working harder to gain new cardholders.