Amex Biz Gold 75k

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by sharris503, May 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sharris503

sharris503 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm sure by now everyone has seen the blogersphere blow up with this 75k offer. Here is my question. To spend 5k in 3 months I would need to manufacture spend. Is it worth the risk of a FR from Amex? I have nothing to hide it would just be a pain.

2. brucewil

brucewil Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is supposed to be a business card, used ONLY for business purposes, so to say you have nothing to worry about, they might disagree if you don't have a legit business and you need to manufacture spend.

3. sharris503

sharris503 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I realize how it is SUPPOSED to be used, but we all know that is not the reality for a lot of us. Also just because a business doesn't make enough purchases to cover 5k in 3 months doesn't mean it is not "legit." Since I am not going to lie on my app, again, I have nothing to hide. The question is more about whether it is worth the hassle.

4. andhoova

andhoova Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got approved last night no questions asked. I'm going to augment my regular spending with VRs to hit the minimum so in interested in anyone's experiences with that?