Amex and YYZ......an enhanced experience

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by milchap, Jun 18, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. AMEX is ramping up their name in a multi pronged way. Last week I got a large wooden box from them and all that was in it was an invite to get their centurian card.....for a $5000 footprint and $2500 a year membership!!! The only significant privilege I saw in the invite is a 24 hour concierge service and a card made of platinum.

milchap likes this.
  3. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great news!

4. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can get a better concierge service for a lot less than $5000+$2500/yr. Pass.

5. global_happy_traveller
    Original Member

global_happy_traveller Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hire an intern for several days a year lol

YULtide and TRAVELSIG like this.
  6. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Quite unclear which cards get which airport perks and priorities. Does this actually water down the fast track security lanes to we Plat cardholders as Gold and Green cardholders also get to use these lanes? I can see Amex replacing HSBC's graphic presence all over YYZ. And its sponsorship of the Rogers wifi service. But doesn't seem very different from what we Plat cardholders have been getting. (The parking related aspects were outlined in the new Platinum program earlier this month, but will it apply to more than Plat cardholders?)

7. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have received great concierge service as AX Plat since the announce and had great service from the TA beforehand.