Amex almost denied 100,000 pt bonus

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by katstarr, Feb 10, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. katstarr

katstarr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi. I applied for the 100K platinum promo back in January and was assured that I was eligible for bonus and satisfied the requirement of not having had a gold card within past 90 days. Then, after I relied and spent the $3000, etc, Amex said I wasn't eligible. Happily - they reversed and gave me the points. Here's my blog post if you are interested in reading about it.

http://www.willrunformiles.com/2013/02/platinum-american-express-almost-lost.html

suenam, Gargoyle, GoodBoy and 3 others like this.
  2. go get 'em Kat, good job:) not letting them set a bad precedent

marcwint55, boondr and katstarr like this.
  3. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    On occasion in the past I've had to spend a few weeks wrestling with them to get the MQM bonuses.

GoodBoy and marcwint55 like this.
  4. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    It astounds me that these point giveaways are intended to create gratitude and loyalty yet how often do we hear about the issuers screwing around, pissing people off, making them jump through hoops, etc. And in the end, they cause frustration and alienation! Nice business model!

kyunbit, GoodBoy, Gargoyle and 3 others like this.
  5. rather be a doctor anyday;)

6. cc1972

cc1972 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is that a promotion that comes around a few times a year or only in January?

7. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've read conflicting things about when the 100K bonus posts. I received my second statement for the Platinum card on Tuesday and then met the spend on Wednesday. Will I see the bonus points posted after the 3rd statement is posted or do AmEx MR bonus points ever show between statements?

8. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Silver Member

Status Points:
    Disregard my previous post as my 100,000 MR points just posted this morning. :)

GoodBoy likes this.