amex 75k bonus not honored at present

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by marcwint55, Mar 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    After getting the Amex gold business card with the 75k bonus offered for one day on Feb 29, we spent the 10k required in the first month. The statement arrived yesterday and showed no membership rewards points. I contacted Amex and they supposedly did not know anything about the bonus. After threatening to close all of my Amex accounts ( seven in total including a Centurion card ), they put a supervisor on the phone who also knew nothing about the promotion but said she will have it investigated. If anyone knows the promo code for the offer I would like to be able to give it to Amex. Unfortunately I did not print out the info, as I have not had this problem before with Amex.

alohastephen likes this.
  2. alfagirl

alfagirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi - there is a lot of 'chatter' about this on FT, but no one posted the offer code. I don't know if you were targeted (or if it matters), but, one of the posters got the offer via Twitter and when she mentioned this they were able to confirm her eligibility (after confirming with the AE social media folks)......Good Luck

3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    thanks for the info

4. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you scroll down to the posts from 2/29 on the Amex Open Forum on Twitter. @OPENforum Amex officially tweeted about the deal on 2/29. I have a screen shot if you have trouble finding it.

5. Switch2

Switch2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    not adding much to you inquiry,but I had the same issue with the SPG AMEX promo, never got the points, I did not screenshot or print the application :mad: Spent the required amount and waited and waited and waited.. 10K points evaporated.

6. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would love a copy of the screen shot, as I never use twitter
    thanks,
    Marc

7. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Me too!

8. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    this is the first time I have had a problem with AXEX, but several people are now telling me about similar problems. It sucks when you do what is required and they do not live up to their end of the bargain

9. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    Okay, just PM me your email addresses if you want it and I will get it sent over. ;)

perryplatypus likes this.
  10. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have you ever had this card before? It seems that some on FT had it before for different businesses, and that was the disqualifying factor.

perryplatypus likes this.
  11. karlyn

karlyn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Bonus ID A2AA

12. moibm

moibm Silver Member

Status Points:
    Here is the Promo Screen Shot BGR_321_75K_PostNEW_BigPitch.jpg

Let me know how it goes, still in the process of completing 10K spend. If they don't honor, I'll stop using it.

13. karlyn

karlyn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I saved several copies of the offer, both as a current cardmember & new, but they were saved as .html files (i don't know how to do screenshots) and don't know how to save on here. you can pm me & i can email pages to you

14. karlyn

karlyn Silver Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]

Learn More | Terms & Conditions | Not a Business Owner?

2 To be eligible to receive the bonus points, you must (1) apply for the new Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN using Bonus ID A2AA prior to termination of this offer, but in no event later than February 29, 2012, and (2) charge $10,000 of eligible purchases on the Business Gold Rewards Card in the first 120 days of Card membership. The bonus points will be credited to your Membership Rewards® account 6-8 weeks after you have met the purchase requirement. Offer limited to 75,000 bonus points per Card account. Existing American Express OPEN Gold Card members are not eligible for this offer. This is a limited time offer, which may be terminated by American Express at any time. Offer may not be combined with any other promotional offers. Membership Rewards program terms and conditions apply.

15. moibm

moibm Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I already had a Personal American Express Premier Rewards card before I applied for Business Gold Rewards card on Feb 29, 2012.

Am I eligible for 75K point?

16. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    FYI, after reading this thread I secure-messaged Amex to make sure that my card was registered for the bonus. I hadn't yet put much spending on it, and said I wanted to make sure I could expect to get the points if I went out of my way to use it in cases in which I might usually use a different card.

I had a message in ten minutes stating in very clear terms that I was registered and would receive the points if I completed the required spending.

17. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes - different card. My wife and I each had personal, and each got a business on 2/29. She has hit the spend and gotten the points. I'm still working on it.