Americans Rank Airlines Lower Than the IRS

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Jul 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/americans-dissatisfied-airline-industry/story?id=14001154

Remember last month's obscene, sexist and homophobic-laced rant by the Southwest pilot who didn't know his mike was on? That was one creepy audio tape, though I liked the part at the end where other pilots keep breaking in to tell air traffic control, hey, it's not us.
    The best line was delivered by an unknown SkyWest pilot who drawled, "And they wonder why airline pilots have a bad reputation." I'm not sure that's true, but I can tell you who does have a bad reputation: try the entire airline industry.

Here's a shocker: Airline passengers hate the airlines. OK, maybe "hate" is a bit strong, but according to the new American Customer Satisfaction Index, people sure are dissatisfied. In case you're wondering, the respected ACSI conducts 70,000 interviews a year on a variety of firms and brands and creates rankings by company and industry.

Overall, the U.S. airline industry scored a 65. That's lower than the satisfaction score for Domino's Pizza. Lower than the Post Office. Lower than the IRS. Well, lower for electronic tax filers, anyway, according to the most recent government rankings. But you see my point.

RichardInSF, jbcarioca and wheat27 like this.
  2. wheat27
    Original Member

wheat27 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This line cracked me up. Interesting article, Thanks.

sobore and jbcarioca like this.
  3. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Entertaining. The hotels also are entertaining. Obviously the respondents choosing Southwest may not have heard the pilot tape- or had they?

sobore likes this.
  4. Analise
    Original Member

Analise Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not THIS American. :D

sobore likes this.