American & US Airways Cross-Fleeting — Why It Drives Me Crazy

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 3, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    In this particular instance I'm not sure if my frustration should be more with American's stinginess with last minute award space lately, or the fact that they're cross-fleeting. As frequent American and US Airways flyers may have noticed, the two airlines have been cross-fleeting since early last month. For those of you not familiar with the term, in this instance it's when American planes operate select US Airways routes, and US Airways planes operate select American routes. American has primarily begun flying US Airways routes out of Phoenix, while US Airways has begun flying American routes out of Miami. For example, US Airways is now operating select frequencies from Miami to Detroit, New Orleans, Tampa, etc. The post American & US Airways Cross-Fleeting — Why It Drives Me Crazy appeared first on One Mile at a Time. Related StoriesAmerican And US Airways Align First Class MealsDiscount On Purchased American AAdvantage Miles Through August 31, 2014American New Flights To Viracopos And Seasonal Europe Cuts

Continue reading...