American-US Air Merger Gets Court Approval

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by uggboy, Mar 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    || American-US Air Merger Gets Court Approval ||

Congrats.

Aktchi and sobore like this.
  2. ord_a380

ord_a380 Silver Member

Status Points:
    LETTERBOY and uggboy like this.
  3. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nor would any of us in his position.

However, does anyone deserve a multi-million dollar severance? The excuse of everyone else is doing it is so reminiscent of mom saying if everyone else jumped off a roof, would you?

Not sure I understand the concept of the golden parachute as it applies here. I'm all for competitive pay packages for going market rates, but really, is the incentive that he still show up to work and do his job until the transition? I'm sure there are plenty of other executives who'd jump at the chance to run things for several months to get the experience on the old resume. I liked what Horton did, but not sure he's so irreplaceable you have to incent him to the tune of approximately $20M.

anabolism and uggboy like this.
  4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Worth noting that the judge only declined it because the bankruptcy law requires him to. He indicated that once AMR is out of bankruptcy it would likely be approved. At least that's how I'm reading the quotes. It is a delay, not an outright rejection

jmjgp12 and LETTERBOY like this.