American Still Waives Change Fees When Upgrading Award Tickets

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Feb 22, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Last July I wrote a post about how American will waive award change fees when you're voluntarily upgrading the class of service for an award within the same region. Basically, American has the following verbiage regarding fees when changing award types: "A $150 USD charge or additional miles will apply for a change to an eligible origin or destination on a MileSAAver or AAnytime award, (waived for AAdvantage Executive Platinum members using miles from their account). This additional charge or miles are waived when voluntarily upgrading to a higher award level in the same region." Ordinarily if you change the origin, destination, or award type, you'd pay American's $150 change fee. So if I had a business class award and wanted to change it to economy I'd have to pay $150 to do so. Along similar lines, if I had booked a standard award and saver space opened up, I'd have to pay $150 to change that award. The post American Still Waives Change Fees When Upgrading Award Tickets appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...