American Express Points for Extended Payment Option

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by OnlyOne, Oct 10, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Silver Member

Status Points:
    Awhile back (May 28th), View from the Wing ran a post about 10,000 free American Express points for signing up for the Extended Payment option. You can read the post here. I had received a letter from American Express the day before Gary posted about this and I signed up. However, we're over four months out and I still have not received the points from this promotion.

Did any of you sign up? If so, have the points posted for you?

How should I approach AmEx about about the missing points, if at all? Has anyone else asked AmEx?

2. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I did receive points but it was MANY years ago and not all that many points (I think it was 1 or 2000).

If you still have the letter I'd call and ask. They might be nice about it, ask you for a code or something from the letter and give you your points. Or they might not budge. I never know with them!

(Actually, it couldn't hurt to call even if you don't have the letter!)

3. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got my points during the last round about year and half ago.
    Call them, and inquire. There good about posting missing points.

4. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    I tried the different links provided, didn't see anything on any of my cards, set a reminder for six months, tried again, nothing. SM'ed Amex and asked. They said send them details of the offer I received etc. Ignored it since then.

Dad to GO likes this.
  5. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the replies. I'll report back with the results.