American Express Gold 75,000 MR Signup Bonus

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by mizwada, Apr 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. mizwada
    Original Member

mizwada Silver Member

Status Points:
    My wife just received this offer in the mail. Amex Gold PRG with 75,000 MR for $500 spend in the first 3 months. First year fee is waived. Card says the offer is good until May 20. The Bonus ID is 5894 with a "unique" RSVP code (likely good for only one card signup, but not tied to the name of recipient). But perhaps worth a shot to call and use the Bonus ID.

I just pulled the trigger on the 50,000 MR bonus 2 months ago...good things come to those who wait. She's not into the whole mileage thing, but I'll try to convince her to signup.

2. akcae
    Original Member

akcae Silver Member

Status Points:
    That is a great offer! I went for the 50K MR Platinum offer, but would jump on this one too in a hot minute if it came my way.

3. phonehome
    Original Member

phonehome Active Member

Status Points:
    How can one increase the probability of getting an offer like this in the mail?
    Do you have other AmEx cards on which you spend a lot? I have a Platinum, so I'm wondering if AmEx will think that there's no point offering me a Gold card. I closed my Gold 2 months ago, and since then I haven't received any mail offers from AmEx.

4. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    As well, wondering about dropping the DL AmEx since this bonus would be nice and still have the opportunity to convert back into DL. Thanks for the heads up on the bonus opportunity.

5. wanderinghome

wanderinghome Active Member

Status Points:
    I'd like to take advantage of this offer. Has anyone messaged you that they're going to use it?

Edit: Never mind, unless I can do it over the phone (and I'm in class until 7pm PST) I can't use it. I tried on their website but once I login my application doesn't have any space for a code. If I don't log in it asks me to (or put my card information in, which will tell them that I already have an account with them).

I'm happy to call ay 7pm, but I'm guessing it'll be used by then?

6. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    My wife got this as well, needless to say we jumped on it!

7. jwsky
    Original Member

jwsky Silver Member

Status Points:
    It seems like Amex likes the ladies. There is a thread ( I dont know how to link it) in the Amex forum where the guys are joking about it. In that case it was a 50k points offer.

MilesFashionFood likes this.
  8. Sean
    Original Member

Sean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah my wife got this as well! Is Amex specifically targeting female customers with the 75K bonus?

MilesFashionFood likes this.
  9. travelinmike33
    Original Member

travelinmike33 Silver Member

Status Points:
  10. chemist562
    Original Member

chemist562 In Memorian

Status Points:
    My wife got the 50K offer last year by mail (first year free) . After a few months, she applied. She just canceled the card as the annual fee became due. AMEX credited the fee (cancelled the same day as annual fee posted).

That was the only decent offer that came in the mail box. The other offers (0% BT, $100-200 to apply for CC) gets shredded. There are better offers. ;) (100K BA, 50K CO, 2 nights Hyatt, etc).

She transferred all the MR points out of her account & there was a small negative. (100pts @2.5 cents that got charged).

11. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    what's the toll free number to call in for this?

will try to convince the gf to do this

12. mizwada
    Original Member

mizwada Silver Member

Status Points:
    She actually has very little AMEX spending, guess they're trying to lure her in. I'll try to get y'all the phone number...

13. norge
    Original Member

norge Silver Member

Status Points:
    You might want to check out the thread on MilesBuzz forum on FT and see what others are doing to get this offer. I think they are applying for a lesser bonus card & then calling with a offer code and asking for the extra pts. I haven't attempted it yet because I just closed my year old AMEX PR card yesterday.

14. sargenet
    Original Member

sargenet Silver Member

Status Points:
    Both my husband and I have tried to call and get this offer....no such luck. Everyone I spoke to stated you had to be targeted. My husband emailed from his current Hilton Am Ex account and was told it was only for "new American Express Customers Only"..which isn't the case at all from what I have read. Only thing anyone would offer is 10K sign up....

15. MilesFashionFood

MilesFashionFood Active Member

Status Points:
    Glad to see women are getting the good offers, about time! hahaha : )

16. Erasmus
    Original Member

Erasmus Silver Member

Status Points:
    Applied for the card in February for the 25K bonus. After hearing anecdotal reports of folks getting the 75K anyway even if not targeted, I fired off a note inquiring. Shockingly, 50K additional points were deposited in the account within the hour! I continue to be very impressed with AMEX customer service

17. montacute
    Original Member

montacute Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just got this card a few months ago with a 50K bonus. I just sent an e-mail asking for the additional 25K. We'll see what happens. Erasmus, was your note an e-mail?

18. montacute
    Original Member

montacute Silver Member

Status Points:
    An e-mail worked in just a few hours! :):):)

miles and smiles likes this.
  19. cotter77
    Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    most recent sign up bonus is only 15k for standard gold MR card.....i wonder if anyone out there is able to get that missing 60k?

20. penumpang
    Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

Status Points:
  21. akcae
    Original Member

akcae Silver Member

Status Points:
    As of Friday, Amex seems to have cracked down on people calling in for extra MR points. Not sure how much longer calling for extra points will work.