American Eagle Supervisor To Me: “Do I Need To Call Law Enforcement?”

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Dec 19, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    So I flew American yesterday from Salt Lake City to Los Angeles to New York in first class. I planned a long layover in Los Angeles so I could visit the new Qantas First Lounge since it was opening day (more on that later). The flight from Salt Lake City to Los Angeles was operated by a Mesaba CRJ-900, so I had to check my bag plane side. That means at the gate they put a tag on your bag, and then at the bottom of the jet bridge a ramper takes the bag. When you check a bag plane side you receive it upon arrival at your immediate destination (this is different than gate checking a bag, where it's tagged to your final destination). Plane side bags don't have electronic tags in most cases, since they're literally just being hand-carried about 20 feet to the plane, and then loaded on a cart for passengers to claim as they disembark. I always make a point of being nice to the ramp agents as they take my bag from the jet bridge, since the fate of my bag rests in their hands. So as I handed the ramper my bag I smiled and said "thanks so much, I really appreciate it." The post American Eagle Supervisor To Me: “Do I Need To Call Law Enforcement?” appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...