American Cellars Wine Club - Any good?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by cliq, Jul 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. cliq

cliq Silver Member

Status Points:
    Noticed this offer from Club Carlson and I would like to know if it is any good.
    Special Offer for Club CarlsonSM Members: Earn up to 12,500 Gold Points® And receive six exceptional wines for just $41.94 Plus 1¢ shipping — a savings of $69!

Join American Cellars Wine Club today and enjoy 6 bottles of hand-selected wine[​IMG] Red selections include an extraordinary Russian River Valley Pinot Noir, a full-flavored, engaging Merlot from California and an easy-drinking, truly delicious California Cabernet Sauvignon with flavors of mint and cherry.
    Your whites are just as exceptional — a rich and fruitful California Chardonnay, a beautifully balanced Viognier from Monterey, California and a delicious and refreshing California Sauvignon Blanc with flavors of kiwi and lime.
    This introductory half case is yours for just $41.94 plus 1¢ shipping —
    you save $69!
    Each month, you'll receive a new shipment of 6 captivating wines at just $12-$15 per bottle (plus delivery).

uggboy likes this.
  2. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    The deal is better than the "wine." Search milepoint for "Vinesse" to find other comments. It might be more trouble than it's worth.

It would cost $84 to buy 12K points directly from Club Carlson with no strings attached.

cliq and uggboy like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    No strings attached is the way to go. Depends on the obligations of course.

4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds good, when the wine is good too.

This obligation has to be avoided IMHO.

SC Flier likes this.
  5. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    But it's generally not.

And doing so is not always easy. I posted about my experience with them in this thread...

http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/vinesse-wine-club-membership-for-miles.12729/

Similarly, most of the wines that I got from Wine Insiders have been poured down the drain.

dhammer53 and uggboy like this.
  6. cliq

cliq Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was thinking same too - the strings attached to this offer. I am really not interested in the wines as I can give them away or order it to someone else. The problem is just how easy it's to bail out when no more interested in the whole thing or when the points are credited?