American Can Once Again Book All Etihad Awards

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jan 22, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

On Tuesday I wrote about how some Etihad Airways awards didn't seem bookable with American AAdvantage miles, which was very unfortunate timing given that Etihad recently started making First Class Apartment award space available from Abu Dhabi to London and from Abu Dhabi to Sydney. In the middle of last year, there was a glitch whereby American AAdvantage couldn’t see Etihad award availability, and it took almost a month before that was fixed. I was hoping this wasn't a repeat of that saga. Though more than anything I was a bit concerned by the fact that only some routes were being blocked, which suggested to me that it wasn't an IT issue, but rather something more intentional. Anyway, the good news is that whatever the problem was, it seems to have been fixed. All Etihad Airways flights are once again bookable using American AAdvatange miles. The post American Can Once Again Book All Etihad Awards appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...