American Airlines Refuses To Refund Ticket After Death

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Mar 17, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Did you think American Airlines would let you cancel your ticket if you had a family emergency like a death in your family, think again. Here’s an interesting account of what happened to one family who lost their daughter and how American Airlines handled it. Per the Economist, “AFTER losing their nine year old daughter… The post American Airlines Refuses To Refund Ticket After Death appeared first on Points Miles & Martinis.

Continue reading...
  2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Just another B.S. sensationalized story with little factual content which bears scant relation to what really occurred. I had my own personal experience on a similar matter with AA and the response was far more than I could hope for.
    I find it real hard to believe that had the family submitted the proper documentation it would not have been resolved long ago.

The MO these days seem to be get blog to post your story of woe and the offending business is blackmailed into settling rather than face the PR blowback with from the idiotic public:rolleyes:.

Alternately the blogs which are for the most part just the National Inquirer of days past are only too glad to push the sensationalism on the their home page.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    Newscience and satman40 like this.
  3. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Many years ago my GF passed away, we had a flight to Vegas, with AA.

They put the miles back in my account, no fee, no problem.

I was on a Flight from PTY. ,and a girl had recovering from a spinal surgery there, the surgery procedure was illegal in the states

AA was picking up the tab for her and her parents flight.

I see a lot of good deeds by the airlines unpublished.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    Newscience and newbluesea like this.
  4. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

A good point - the truth is out there, and not entirely represented by this blog posting: