American Airlines looking for new "Road Warrior"

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by sobore, Jul 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.examiner.com/article/american-airlines-looking-for-new-road-warrior

American Airlines is once again looking to honor one of their special frequent flyers.
    American Way magazine, the award-winning inflight magazine of American Airlines and American Eagle, is inviting customers to enter their 11th Annual American Way Road Warrior Contest. Customers can visitwww.americanwaymag.com/roadwarrior by Aug. 31 to fill out a simple survey, and complete a series of fun tasks set forth by the American Way editors.

View slideshow: American Airlines contest looking for a new Road Warrior

Hey, it has to be more fun than sitting in a middle seat on a flight from ORD to LAX.
    "Each year some of the most seasoned airline travelers enter the Road Warrior Contest, and we're always awed by their expertise and intriguing lives," said Anne Weidner, American Way Senior Marketing Manager. "It's a great way for us to connect with our customers on a personal level."

Read More: http://www.examiner.com/article/american-airlines-looking-for-new-road-warrior

2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    At the urging of my wife, I'm entering this year. It's a pretty comprehensive application.

-- Mike

pnoeric likes this.
  3. manfromkrypton
    Original Member

manfromkrypton Silver Member

Status Points:
    are there any minimum requirements? I know I wouldn't win based on miles flown alone, but if they are looking for people who try to maximize their on the road experience, I might have a shot.

4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Doesn't seem like it, though if past winners are an indication they're really looking for people with interesting and compelling stories for why they're on the road. I think I actually traveled more miles than one or two of the finalists from last year, but since I'm simply a leisure traveler and I'm not on the road as the CEO of a unique start-up business or something similar, I doubt I'm the ideal candidate for this type of contest.

But, why not give it a shot? The worst they can say is "not this year." :)

AnthonyB1609, sobore and Skye1 like this.
  5. Skye1
    Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    One read of Neal Gottlieb's 3-Twins Success story certainly points to this.

Noting that this year's prize is not 1 million for the winner, but 1 million split across 1st, 2nd, 3rd, place.

Convenient that one can start their essay and, if working from the same computer, save it to resume work later.

6. ceieoc

ceieoc Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm sure all Milepoint members could use a few more American AAdvantage miles. What a nice AA promotion. It would be sweet if Milepoint members were awarded 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

7. pnoeric

pnoeric Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree- I suspect they want someone who is both an experienced AA traveler AND someone who has a good story/stories. Just my guess.

8. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    I gave it a good shot. In this economy, my job involves helping businesses grow... so I described how that ties in and what it provides. We'll see - I know there's a lot of competition!

pnoeric likes this.
  9. pnoeric

pnoeric Silver Member

Status Points:
    That sounds great... if you can describe your job in a compelling way (maybe with a good, specific story or two) I have no doubt it'll be yours to win :) good luck!!!

10. wfagundes

wfagundes Silver Member

Status Points:
    I actually read 1.4 million -> 500k 1st, 300k 2nd, 200k 3rd, 200k 4th & 200K 5th.

11. Skye1
    Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Something like that. Point was just that the "winner" doesn't get 1million this year. Should be an interesting contest this time, noting the story prompts at entry.