American Airlines Explorer Award Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by TUMD, Dec 19, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    If I am trying to book Business Class Explorer Award can I use the flights listed in the AAnytime area or do I have to use the MileSAAver Awards?

2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Only MilesAAver award inventory can be used as part of a distance-based explorer award.

3. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    And remember that while Explorer awards are valid on all of the airlines in the oneworld alliance as well as more than 20 of their affiliate airlines the awards are not valid on codeshare flights. (seen a number of people get codeshare snags, so beware)

4. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Furthermore you must fly a minimum of 2 oneworld airlines that are NOT American as part of the award.

5. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the help guys, trying to plan a few big trips for next year and didn't know which to use!

6. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Follow up questions, if I am booking the business award and there is nothing in business for a segment can I use the AAnytime Economy or is it always MileSAAver even if you are booking a Business flight?

7. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Always saver award space. If no business class is available you can book saver economy space if that is available.

OceanBreezes and Randy Petersen like this.