AMERICAN AIRLINES 767-300 IN ECONONMY?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by SASAlex, Jan 24, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. SASAlex

SASAlex New Member

Status Points:
    I'm heading to SFO soon with BA/AA, on my return leg from SFO I'm connecting via ORD and I'm flying on a 763 for 8 whole hours ORD-LHR, from looking it up it seems like a pretty dire aircraft compared to the rest of the AA fleet with no power, WiFi or AVOD IFE (Which is especially annoying since the flight to ORD from SFO has all three!).
    Has anyone experienced the AA 763 in economy? Would be very interested to see if the overhead screens are any use/if the seats are comfortable.

2. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    The seats are straight out of the 1990's (stuffed, not slimline). So's the cabin (tiny overhead bins). The overhead screens are a joke.

SASAlex likes this.
  3. SASAlex

SASAlex New Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, not giving me much hope for the flight! At least I've got a lovely 5 hour layover in LHR next... ;)

satman40 likes this.
  4. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bring your own IPad, and extra battery pack, and about 1 1/2 hours before landing enjoy the breakfast.,

The seats Lie flat up front, and they have Ben and Jerry's ice cream,

Still it is nice to get away, hope you have a great time...

Home is always best...

SASAlex likes this.
  5. SASAlex

SASAlex New Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, sadly it was booked through AA rather than BA so I can't use my avios to upgrade upfront.

After 19 hours of travelling in total it certainly will be nice to get home to ABZ!

satman40 likes this.
  6. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You might ask at the gate, or AC, I have seen upgrades on that route.

Never hurts to ask. Avios are no good unless used, and worth less every day,