American Airlines’ Goldilocks Problem: Boards too Early, Updates Delays Too Late. They Need...

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Apr 18, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I love many things about American Airlines. First and foremost is the AAdvantage program, and especially that I’m well taken care of as an Executive Platinum member (100,000 mile flyer). Their lounge agents have been exceptionally good to me during irregular operations. I even like their revenue management, which doesn’t release all first class seats into upgrade a day before departure. When a flight irregularity happens, and I get put onto another flight, it’s even still possible to get an upgrade (and more frequently happens than not). If there were two things I would change about the operation, I would actually bundle them together and call them American’s Goldilocks Problem: they start boarding too early, before scheduled time, and they notify passengers of delays.. in creeping fashion.. usually only after a boarding or departure time… Continue reading American Airlines’ Goldilocks Problem: Boards too Early, Updates Delays Too Late. They Need to Be Just…...

Continue reading...