Ambassador Reward Night

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by ecleppe, Aug 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ecleppe

ecleppe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi,

I didn't find the answer to my question on the forums, so my apologies if it was already answered in a previous post.

When you book for ex. a club room or suite for the weekend, will the reward night put you in the same room or will you have to change to a standard room?

Cheers

uggboy likes this.
  2. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    If I understand what you're saying, you would be paying for a couple of weekend nights at the Club/Suite rate and adding an additional night or more using points. It would be at the discretion of the hotel to decide if you would have to move in part based upon their bookings for those nights in those types of rooms. Upgrades (if you're an Ambassador or RA) are not applicable to award nights but many properties do provide them. It would also depend upon whether the paid nights preceded or followed the award night(s).

uggboy likes this.
  3. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    I really doubt they would ask you to move. In general, they do not even bother to check.

sobore and uggboy like this.
  4. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's a chance he's talking about the free weekend night bogo cert here, which needs to be booked on a particular rate, so I'll mention that.

uggboy likes this.
  5. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is usually the case. It may depend on the occupancy rate during the stay.

uggboy likes this.
  6. ecleppe

ecleppe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for all the responses !