Ambassador renewal

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by guinnessxyz, Aug 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. I made a reservation at an IC last evening and a popup hit the screen asking me to renew my ambassador status with a payment box. I am now RA and expect to be renewed as such and my year is not up until October 31. I tried to replicate that popup just now while making a dummy reservation but nothing happened.
    Needless to say I didn't bite on the offer.
    Has anyone else seen this?
    GoodBoy likes this.
  2. no
    guinnessxyz likes this.
  3. Strange,
    I just made another IC res and no renewal popup showed this time.
    GoodBoy and Rosalia like this.
  4. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Forget about it...Inconsistency is the name of the game at IHG !!!
    GoodBoy and guinnessxyz like this.
  5. good morning g, it may well be a programming IT issue, did you book through the same channel? a portal/travel agency or direct?
  6. Direct. I'm not worried about it as I should get automatic renewal but I sometimes wonder about stuff that comes from them
    GoodBoy likes this.
  7. you can use an IATA code and get back 7.5% back currently, in the alternate with a CSP you can earn 5.35 points/UA miles per $ spent by booking through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal (3.21 point/miles) and 2.14 for using the card if you can get the US issued one
  8. only in the US
    GoodBoy likes this.
  9. you can get the 7.5% cashback via PayPal using a US physical address, you can use mine if you need one, and get the payout straight into your PayPal account, i was getting 20% back this time last year:)
    guinnessxyz likes this.
  10. I will follow up with you
    GoodBoy likes this.
  11. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Weird thing happened yesterday, I get my mail and I notice a box from IHG, it's the same old ambassador renewal box they have been sending for years.
    I look at the address, because I'm not expecting a box, since I was renewed in April and already got mine.
    it's for me! I open it and sure enough it says congratulations on achieving platinum status. As a token of appreciation we upgraded you to ambassador status. (funny thing is I've been platinum ambassador, and/or RA for like 10 years .) The new card (old style ambassador card) has a date of may 2014, and the letter written on Priority club stationary has a date of 8/21/2013. The box included the luggage tag and a Weekend free night cert. good until 9/2014, but no code for the 5K or 10K bonus points.

Anybody else get such a box???

you think they are just sending out these to get rid of the stock pile they have. Which they sent a RA referral cert, that would have been nice.