Ambassador Complimentary Weekend Night Question

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by JakesterUK, Mar 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JakesterUK
    Original Member

JakesterUK Silver Member

Status Points:
    So my first post on milepoint! I hope a sensible question.

I have recently joined the Ambassador Programme with IC Hotels. I want to book my weekend stay, but IC say I must book it at http://www.intercontinental.com/AMBWeekend, but I kinda wanted more choice. Some of the other sites (you know what I'm talking about) say that you can book any flexible rate and use the certificate on check-out, but another requirement seems to be that you present the free night certificate on check in.

What's the story?

1. Must I book at intercontinental.com/AMBWeekend
    2. And should I present certificate on check-in (perhaps after my room is assigned!)
    Thanks all!

2. Pete
    Original Member

Pete Silver Member

Status Points:
    1. Yes.
    2. You must present the certificate at check-in, but the timing (i.e. after room assignment) doesn't matter because if you follow #1, they will already know you are on a free weekend rate.

Tim O'Brien likes this.
  3. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    You have to book it at the site to get the proper rate. You also need to be able to present the certificate as the physical certificate is needed to give you the second night free. If you were not required to present the certificate then it would be very easy for people to get around the limit of number of physical certificates(oh, I forgot my certificate at home. Yes there are some of us that currently have 2 certificates for our own use)

4. JakesterUK
    Original Member

JakesterUK Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks people.

Yes, I realised that the physical certificate was a requirement!

The question was more about whether it should be presented on check-in, or on check-out, but as Pete says, if you have to book on the site, they know the rate and therefore know you will be using the certificate. My question was more relevant if you did not have to book on the AMBWeekend site.

Tim O'Brien likes this.
  5. Ant
    Original Member

Ant Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's always been the case that you have to present the voucher on check-in. Though, as you rightly point out, in the past the strategy was to present after the room had been assigned. Even though they can see the rate you're booked on, I'm not 100% sure they always notice it. So, I still present the voucher after room assignment, just in case.

Tim O'Brien likes this.
  6. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:

Not sure that really matters anymore, since most IC's assign your upgrade before you arrive, this normally happens the night before you arrive. If you check your PC account under the reservation the night before or the morning of you arrival you normally can already see the room you've been upgraded to. However I have always held out to make sure I've been upgraded and confirmed that it's for two nights before handing over the old style certificates. I have not booked with the new ones yet.

7. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    Waiting for this year's Kit to arrive!!!

Tim O'Brien likes this.
  8. i always presented the old style BOGO's on departure and never ever had a problem.

9. jackplum
    Original Member

jackplum Gold Member

Status Points:
    That has been my experience as well

Tim O'Brien likes this.